Different Ways You Can Cover Up Your Tattoos for Work
Covering up tattoos for work can be necessary in certain professional settings. Here are a few different methods to consider if you want to cover them up:
Depending on the location of your tattoo, wearing clothing that covers it is the simplest solution. Long-sleeved shirts, high-necked tops, or long pants can be used to cover tattoos on the arms, neck, and legs respectively.
- Specialized tattoo cover-up makeup is available, typically as a full-coverage foundation or concealer. When using makeup to cover a tattoo, you should:
- Start with a primer to help the makeup adhere better.
- Use a color corrector if needed to neutralize the tattoo color (for example, an orange corrector for a blue or black tattoo).
- Apply a full-coverage concealer or foundation that matches your skin tone. You might need to apply several layers, allowing each to dry before applying the next.
- Set your makeup with a setting powder or spray to make it last longer and prevent smudging.
Bandages or Accessories:
Depending on the tattoo’s location, bandages, wristbands, or wide bracelets can be used to cover smaller tattoos. Scarves can cover neck tattoos, while hats or hairbands can cover those on the forehead or scalp.
Tattoo Cover-Up Sleeves:
These are fabric sleeves worn on the arms or legs to cover tattoos. They come in various skin tones and can be a quick and comfortable solution.
For special occasions, you can consider professional airbrushing. Some makeup artists specialize in covering tattoos.
Remember, when using makeup products, it’s crucial to ensure you’re not allergic to any of the ingredients, and always remove the makeup at the end of the day to let your skin breathe.